Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sup new blog

I'm pleased to announce the launch of Maddy's Gluten Free Life! Which can always be found at www.gfree.maddyvarno.com.  Over the last week I purchased my own domain name, and decided to launch a gluten free blog with one of my sub domains. 

Why a gluten free blog? Six years ago, I was diagnosed with Celiac disease.  It was a feisty experience and I was not a happy camper (and I'm pretty sure the medical lab staff had to hold me down to get the needle in my arm for the blood test), but with time I've accepted and embraced my dietary requirements.  It's taught me a lot about responsibility, planning ahead, and so much about food and cooking. 

I can be a little bit of a food snob, but those standards make for good gluten-free preferences!  I'm a diverse foodie--I love snacking, sometimes try to be healthy, can cook/bake/roast any animal but I'm also quite handy pressing "start" to microwave a TV dinner.  Where I live in Rochester, NY, Celiac awareness is abundant, so I like to eat the local GF scene when I can.  These are all topics I expect to draw on for future blog posts. 

I'm still trying to kick the layout until it appeases my demands so this isn't the prettiest blog yet, but I am pleased that the title banner I created seems to reflect my vibrant personality! Stop back soon for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment