Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chip Face

As I sit here, eating my nuggs, I am reminded of a recent Facebook comment I receieved shortly after my last blog post.  I will display the comment below:
"What is a nugg?"
I am pleased to answer this! A nugg is what I call chicken nuggets.  My vernacular regarding this food stems mainly from the excitement and urgency I usually feel when I decide I want some nuggs.  It is such a pressing urgency, that articulating the entire phrase "chicken nuggets" soon became the simple term of "nuggs."

Chips are part of my imbalanced diet.
Since I can't stroll through the Burger King drive through for some nuggs, I buy mine frozen.  I've mentioned the mass quantities of frozen foods I consume previously, so today I'm feeling like examining another staple of my diet: chips.

I love many different kinds of chips; please don't make me choose between my babies.  That being said, every week I buy at least one bag of the following:
  • Lundberg rice chips (my favorite flavors are barbecue and honey dijon)
  • Kettle brand potato chips (favorite flavors are baked barbecue, and backyard barbecue)
  • Baked Lays (favorite flavor is Parmesan and Tuscan herb)
The good kind of rice chips.
Chip Face Rookie Mistake: "rice chips:"

Not to be confused with Lundberg rice chips which actually look more like tortilla chips, the rice chips I'm referring to here are small round discs that come in a pack, not a bag.  They are packaged like they're supposed to be Oreos or something.  I advise against these.  If the situation occurs where you are presented with these rice chips, I suggest licking the salt and/or flavor off, then throwing the rest of the "chip" away.

The wrong kind of rice chips.
In other news, I'm sitting here writing this blog as I listen to NPR.  They're talking about new health care regulations and how dependent children can now stay on their parent's health insurance policy until age 26.  They had a sound clip from a woman talking about how it is a relief for her son in college, who has Celiac disease.  This just seemed weird to me.  Were they trying to make it sound like Celiac disease required frequent medical care? From my experience it doesn't... if my health insurance were to be in jeopardy, my first though wouldn't be "Oh no, but I have Celiac disease!" It would probably be, "Oh no, I'm a goddamn KLUTZ!"

3 comments:

  1. I like your food pyramid, though I noticed that vegetables did not make the cut! There are many delicious options and surprisingly they are GF! Also, tell your sweet BF that veggies are also lactose free!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, I have been getting him to eat green beans lately! Although when I suggested to him to try and eat one fruit and vegetable per day, he made a stink face. The stink face became even more pronounced when I told him people typically eat 4-5 fruits and vegetables per day, and 1 wasn't asking much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy I know for a fact something is missing from that food pyramid as usually when I see you, you have consumed large quantities of it.

    ReplyDelete