Monday, January 16, 2012

Quinoa Says: It's cool, the frosting's with me!

sup, buns
My day yesterday was spent eating cinnamon buns, quinoa, and sesame chicken.  Quinoa is so healthy, it was probably ashamed to sit next to the several other trough-like dishes I spent my day hovering over.  But, with the distant hope of accomplishing a cardio kickboxing workout before the end of the day, I ate dutifully ate my quinoa as this fantastic grain is high in protein.


Waking up this morning, I reached for another cinnamon bun.  Making a cinnamon bun your breakfast is probably on the same plane as sitting on the floor and pouring a 1-lb bag of sugar on your face.  Look, for your visual enjoyment I have included a picture of the bun before I ate it.


Frosting bowl, part of a
complete breakfast
After I finished it, I had a sugar headache.  It's completely possible that the sugar headache has something to do with this:

If only I could eat some quinoa for breakfast and it could cover for the sugar and butter in the cinnamon bun, a concept that Mitch Hedberg once shared with the world.

"That would be cool if you could eat a good food with a bad food and the good food would cover for the bad food when it got to your stomach. Like, you could eat a carrot with an onion ring and they would travel down to your stomach, then they would get there, and the carrot would say, 'It's cool, he's with me'."

 Foreshadowing next blog post: Frosting lumps

PS: The bread mix I used to make the cinnamon buns, The Gluten-Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment